![]() |
| One of those nights. |
I know I'm ODing on posting right now but its 3:30am, I'm watching movies with shows lined up and nothing else to do. Don't judge me.
So the backup plan is a guy/girl that you know is just there waiting for you whenever you are done "sowing your seeds" in the world. I'm a girl so I'll just talk about it from my perspective.
Basically, my friend asked me if I had a backup guy and I thought about it. I don't think many of us consciously label someone as back up in our heads. However, if there is that one person that loves you no matter what you say you've done and you've joked about getting married if both of you are single at 35...40? Then you have a backup plan.
Do people end up with their back up plans? I don't know. A lot of variables would play in. Is the person just there pining away for you or did they move on? They might want you but settle for number 2. When you become available, they might decide to stay with number 2. Priorities shift or change.
However I don't think the idea of a backup plan is a bad idea. Obviously no one wants to imagine that you're keeping them on ice while you do what you want. Furthermore some people define the backups differently. For me, a backup would be someone I don't want but I'd take if I was desperate. Terrible but no one wants to be alone in the end. I guess this is me praying I don't end up with my back up due to desperation. I don't know if many people really have backups though unless it always backfires. There are many single women at 35. There are also many single men at 35 chasing young women. No way they would have been waiting for the young girl since she was 10 or so.
However, there are some backups who you really want but you know you're not ready for. So you go around "improving" yourself - could be through ashawo deeds or education...whatever you deem fit. Then, when you're done, you come back to see if you'd be accepted or rejected. Or wait? Was that you being the back up?
See. Too much. Good luck to all the backed-ups, back-upees, back-uppers....
The things that keep me up at night. Literally.
Back to my movie.....twitter...instagram...the stuff folks use to foster adhd.....
Leeza

No comments:
Post a Comment