Thursday, August 23, 2012

I don't Like Her Boyfriend

Can't we all just get along.

For the most part, I think I am an easy going person. I love a handful, I hate a few people. And for the rest, I am indifferent. I may be easy going, but I am passionate.

When I first met my sister's boyfriend, I was indifferent. I thought to myself, I can't form an opinion of this guy because he hasn't done anything right or wrong. It did not help that he is not a charmer so I had a "bleh" opinion of him.

Over time, I have formed an opinion and I know I don't like him. My sister has been acting brand new since she's been with the dude. It is not that he is not a good guy. He definitely lacks all the social norms expected of a mature Nigerian man. I can't really go into the details of that. But this situation has been bothering me a lot.




I know how it is to want the approval of your friends and family for your relationship. And, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to give my approval. It has definitely changed my relationship with my sister because personally this "situation" is all i want to talk about but I know I cannot beat the issue to death. At some point I have to put up my hands.

If it was my friends boyfriend, it would be easier because I'll just have to listen to her and not say anything back. when I don't like my friends boyfriends, I psyche myself to be positive because i know how much it means to them and at the end of the day she gon' do what she want.

But this is my little sister, i feel like i need to protect... but i know she gon' do what she want.

Leaving it for God, since I can't do anything.



3 comments: