Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Fake Nigerian

How many times have you heard this age-old Nigerian story: a person (a Nigerian) goes to a foreign country most likely the United Kingdom or say the United States for a period usually a short time like 3 months - 2  years and poof!!! they speak different. And usually it is the wackest accent possible.

Today, I was sitting by myself reading a book (Somewhere in Lagos) and this fairly handsome Hombre asked to sit next to me in his fake NIGERIAN american accent, emphasis on Nigerian) and we start talking and somehow the conversation goes to "In America..." and I sat there listening  and thinking like 'dude what do you have to tell me about "Hamerica" ' (as I like to call it) but I sat quietly and was nodding . You can trust I was already turned off, I tweeted about him mid-coversation. and then he goes "What School did you go?" and I respond "Washington State University" then I asked "what school did you go?" He goes "Covenant University" and then I smile my evil "hehehe" smile. Then I tweeted "Trust me to break down the fakeness."

The End

Shola

4 comments:

  1. imao, can't stand them fake Nigerians, don't fake me no accent, they are so many like that in the states.lol Very crazy.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Hamerican is a Nigerian accent, maybe Yoruba? But some guys sure try too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have understood if he was in the states.....just didn't get it and it was pretty early, it was 7am

    ReplyDelete