Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crackberry - without which it would all be too much.

I wish I woke up in the morning feeling as rich as P. Diddy....

Anyways, let's do this again. I wake up in the morning and first thing I do is grab my phone. That's not because I am addicted to it. Ok, I am lying. However, my phone serves as my alarm and I need to turn it off. :) Besides, I have been phoneless for the last day and a half. I don't know how I am doing it. I have a headache right now. Methinks its a withdrawal symptom. I did just borrow my neighbor's charger to juice up my phone and I am literally watching the battery bar fill up with white blocks. I feel reinvigorated. I am almost afraid to stop watching it for fear that it might cease charging.

Back to waking up, I turn off my alarm and check my emails. My emails all come to my blackberry so I delete what needs to be deleted and attend to what needs to be attended to. Next, I grab my computer. Facebook is already open of course. A quick glance at my homepage tells me who I need to wish happy birthday. Another quick glance at my blackberry tells me who I need to wish happy birthday that is not on facebook. I compose wall posts and emails as necessary and then it's back to the blackberry for a quick glance at twitter. Gotta love ubertwitter. After attending to my @'s and DMs on twitter, I proceed to hulu.com. Once upon a time, my morning routine included music while I was dressing up but now, I watch a tv show while getting ready. I have music for the road after all so why not?

On the way to work, I am constantly checking my phone to reply or delete emails and facebook notifications as they are received. I don't even consider myself a busy person by normal standards. What will happen if I have kids and some multi millionaire type job? I guess I'd have a personal assistant then. However, I do think I'd like to check my facebook notifications and blackberry emails myself. I check my emails like text messages that my dad's emails now go like this: "Good Morning Ese, are you feeling well today?" and after I reply with a one liner, he gets down to business.
Twitter to facebook to blogspot to emails. I used to have one million email addresses but everything goes to my gmail account now thanks to automatic forwarding. I don't even remember the passwords to some of the numerous email accounts. Its driving me crazy. I want to delete some of these connections to the black hole called the internet but I keep making myself believe that I need each one. I am leaning towards eliminating twitter but how would I vent those random times when a maniac is being maniacal on the street? Or when someone blows smoke in my face on a Pittsburgh sidewalk? As for facebook, God forbid I have no where to post my pictures when I resume my photography habit! Flickster isn't as interesting. My dear dear blogspot. It's like facebook note visible to everyone so I don't really know why I need blogspot. I must admit that I do like to write and given that facebook can import blog spot notes... that kills two birds with one stone. However, I do think I am going to leave twitter. If i feel the need to vent randomly, I will .... er.... hmmm... twitter stays. Shit. As I reinstall ubertwitter again for the 3rd or 4th time, I wonder, how I ever survived 10 years ago.

All I can say is Thank You Crackberry for being the one tool I need to access the one hundred facets I have created in my life.

Have an awesome April.
Leeza!

5 comments:

  1. imao, you are so funny, don't forget to say your prayers when you wake, blackberry, laptop or nothing...very importante!

    God first, emails, twitter, facebook, they can wait.lol

    Hope you enjoy your weekend.

    Organization is key for emails, twitter and all your various online activity, I used to have way too many emails but I learnt the hard way, thus narrowing it all to 3, hotmail and 2 yahoo account.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r right my dear...but 3 emails is still a lot to log into and check.. i need just one.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. one for blogging, one for family and friends, one for work...imao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile, I'm already addicted to the internet, let me not add BB, lol.

    Have a great month too.

    ReplyDelete