Talking, no clue either, it seems like an african-american term (dont judge me).
This is what I know: Boy meets girl, boy likes girl. Boy asks girl to be his girlfriend, girl thinks about it---> she says yes or no depending on
1. his bank, his brain....
2. his persistence
3. if she actually likes him
4. his looks
5. if she doesn't want to be single
6. any combination of the above, no limit on the number of combinations
and finally gives it a shot.
Anyway that was how it was in secondary school, and the year or two after. Then my father sent me to obodo oyinbo to better myself.

So here I was thrown into the world of dating(white folk)

and talking(black folk), it didn't work to well for me.

In this culture:
-men dont hunt women down,
-the beginning is filled with heartache of uncertainty instead of bliss of the new
-people are always trying to figure out what they want
-they never want to choose.
I mean people date for months before becoming exclusive, and talk for months before dating...
If a man is having a hard time deciding if he wants to make me his girlfriend, how would he marry me
I know this sounds like fun for some people kudos to them.
People say, Women know what they want from a man immediately they meet him. I am on this crew, I am on the fast track no time wasting. I never really dated for the fun of it.
Honestly there are some great things about this american style of dating, it is the wining and dining involved in dating. I like food and I like how it is portrayed in the movies. that's pretty much it.
talking is never acceptable. the man doesn't want to work for you at all sha....
The only reason I mess with men is to husband one of them someday and have their babies. oh yea and dream of my fancy engagement ring (another story about how nigerians get engaged).
What cultural "dating" style do you prefer??
Shola
I have and will always prefer the African one any time, any day. Sincerely.. the beauty of it is that you are almost assured of where you are going from the onset - I am talking about serious people here o. Even the unserious ones... tell themselves wat they want from each other somehow, except one of them is only listening by ear and not by heart - u get?
ReplyDeleteThat's my take.. I don't like the oyibo style at all.. forget the wining n dinning jor. lol
- LDP
Yeah.. u r right about that..Unfortunately, the africans in yankee now want to form akata-ness. Hiss.
ReplyDelete