I was looking for a means of supporting myself beyond what I obtain for my service to this nation and I thought that writing would be my money maker. ever since I considered writing as a career I have developed writers bloc, I have been having a hard time bringing myself to publish a piece. What I enjoy about blogging is the freedom of what, when and how I write,so here goes another old piece:
In the description TDL: tall dark and handsome, I think the information missing is body mass. Is he skinny, fat, fit or what? So my ideal guy is fit, tall, dark and handsome (most of us right?) in addition to this physique description I am adding "street". This is particularly important in this city called Lagos. This city definitely needs a special breed of dudes. In Lagos, I shove all independence aside, dependence all the way. this is why a guy that is also street smart is needed, if not I might as well be on my own, "I can do bad by myself"-Madea/Tyler perry
While I have some feminist tendencies, I would be foolish to say that women are not inferior in Nigeria. Women can either be pardoned for an offense (...na woman now) or bullied for an offense.
Case in point 1: If i hit an okada rider, a swarm of okada riders would descend upon me and I can nicely come out of the car and absolve myself or stay in the car and call a LAGOS BOY to my rescue
or Case in point 2: I (a woman) am driving at night, gently like a woman is supposed to and I am unsure whether I should stop at a check point because an "abi na police or na thief" situation comes up, my LAGOS BOY would zoom past and not worry about the bullets because it is the waiting that gets you in trouble.
A LAGOS BOY is not all muscle but he is powerful, a player maybe but he knows how to take care of a woman (not particularly money) and of course he has swag, which doesn't necessarily match his looks or the car he drives. In essence, a LAGOS BOY is available, he is a protector from the elements of this environment, he is jealous and he keeps the other dogs away.
This is new territory for me, like i said earlier i have feminist tendencies but I will sit back and let LAG BOY FTDL take over...mmhhh
....Shola

This is a true observation, lol.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha nothing do u Shawlar.. lol @Fit tall dark and handsome street lagos boy
ReplyDelete