Quite a formal title I must admit but it helps me get straight to the point. Being in Nigeria is hard for me mostly because I had been gone for 7 years to the day and I feel like I am here all on my own. I miss my friends who helped me for the times I was in the abroad of somewhere (as my Igbo coworker calls it). I miss how being alone didn't make me feel lonely. In lagos, I am surrounded by family and I would still feel lonely. My high school friends and I have mostly grown apart. It is hard to keep my NYSC camp friends because before I met them, they had friends, they have boyfriends, they live far away. Sometimes a girl just wants to do girl things but she has to do guy things.
An upside to the sad state, I went to a baby shower today. It was amazing to the say the least. WOMAN POWER!!! different generations. People were so open, I even saw a different Nigeria today. I had fun and it was semi-wholesome. I went there with my sister and her friends, if you don't have friends borrow some. They dumped me at the end of the day but it was good times and a good day!!!
I love Nigeria, sometimes :)
Shola
Nothing like good female friends, really. Glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteYep nothing like good female friends!!! Thanks
ReplyDeletefirst time here and fun reading your blog...I can imagine being away from Naija for 7 years, must be really challenging but you are doing just fine. Building real friendships take some time, they will come if you have an open mind
ReplyDeleteI will be back,
I love me a nice and girly baby shower, must be fun.
thanks @Yankeenaijababe I also didn't realize how difficult it would be because i visited often enough. I will try and update my experiences often.
ReplyDelete