Thursday, October 8, 2009

JUST A FRIEND

 I don’t know about you but my everyday conversations somehow centers on men so I think it’s time I wrote something about this in a completely random manner. Relationships between men and women I think are random anyway.

So during my last relationship, (which by the way I wanted it to be my last relationship) I cut off ties with a lot of people partly because I was satiated by the relationship itself and partly because it was my way of being loyal. I became less social with my male friends; I did not want to lead anyone on that wasn’t just my friend.

I obviously regret that decision since I am currently single not searching, thank you. I remember meeting this very cute and seemingly nice guy at a party I went to with my then boyfriend and I could not even keep him as a friend *sad face*. Who knows what would have happened, he could have also been my last relationship, we could have been on our honeymoon already. Can somebody stop me from fast-forwarding the course of dating?

So when the script is flipped it is not fun being the left out friend I must say. A friend of mine called her friend some time ago and he replied with a text “I am with my girlfriend.” Talk about ex-friend, I don’t remember being that rude but maybe I was. But my lesson learned is to keep my friends close no matter what even the ones that are not just friends just incase “my friend” happens to be my next last relationship. I know I might not feel the same way when it comes to my boyfriends’ “friends” but hopefully I trust him enough that it would not matter.

Just being realistic…..Sholla

2 comments: